Regular visitor to Cape Town, familiar with the city and looking for a central, fun & quirky, yet fully-equipped and supremely comfortable “home from home”? Or friends travelling together, seeking the privacy and independence of your own space? Perhaps staying longer and wanting your own home?
Kelvin Cottage is the perfect option for independent travellers seeking private, self-contained, city-centre accommodation in our fabulous Gardens neighbourhood--steps from vibey Kloof Street and a short drive from all the sights and attractions Cape Town has to offer. Table Mountain overlooks the cottage and street and you’ve got a lovely view of Devil’s Peak from the lounge.
Our newly-renovated 100-year-old cottage offers charm, comfort and the same quirky Afro-chic style as Derwent House: with two full bedrooms and bathrooms, as well as a spill-over room with sofa bed downstairs, the cottage is ideal for two couples, small families or friends travelling together. Located in a small character-ful street of listed heritage houses, Kelvin Cottage has been beautifully restored to its former glory as a cosy urban sanctuary: compact and perfectly formed, conveniently located in the heart of the city (disclaimer 😊: you will hear some traffic noise from the road heading up to Table Mountain!).
Easy walking distance to shops and restaurants, it’s also just 4 minutes to the nearest MyCiti bus stop (St. Michael’s). There’s a German bakery (Dinkel) and a well-stocked convenience store on the corner offering all kinds of staples, wine, beer and other grocery basics, 30 metres away. Upon prior order, we can stock the refrigerator and pantry for you before arrival.
What you get
- 2 full bedrooms (one en suite) + small study/bedroom downstairs with sofa bed
- 2 full bathrooms + guest loo
- Fully-equipped kitchen with stove, oven, refrigerator, microwave, kettle, toaster, Nespresso machine, dishwasher and much more
- Lounge area with stunning views of Devil’s Peak, satellite television service, Bluetooth music speaker
- Reception/dining area with dining table
- Fully air conditioned and heated throughout main house, including bathrooms
- Terrace along rear of house with barbecue area and seating
- Stoep in front
- Washer/dryer and ironing station downstairs
- Weekly housekeeping service (with linen change) for stays longer than 7 days
- High speed fibre internet connection throughout
- Full security (monitored alarm system and clear-bar security protection on all windows)
- Street parking (only)
- Welcome hamper available upon pre-order (ZAR 500.00)